Hustlin Labz – VasoRush
Citrulline Malate – 7g is a hefty dosage with most research suggesting 6g for optimal results, especially with the superior 2:1 ratio (additional benefits than standard L-Citrulline). Research has shown increases in nitric oxide & plasma arginine levels whilst reducing fatigue and muscle soreness (up to 40%).
L-Arginine AKG – 4g is a solid dosage with research suggesting 3+ grams to be optimal. Arginine will aid Citrulline in increasing nitric oxide production, muscle pumps and nutrient delivery.
Beta Alanine – 3g is a great dosage since 3.2g is the research backed dose shown to delay the onset of lactic acid build up which improves muscular performance. Research has shown users are able to get an additional 1-2 reps on average in the 8-15 rep range.
Glycerol Monostearate – 2g isn’t a bad dosage when it is paired with the above pump inducing ingredients, however personally i’d prefer a larger dosage around 5g. This will draw water into the muscle giving a fuller & rounder look whilst aiding muscle pumps. It has also been shown to enhance the uptake of other supplements such as amino acids.
Betaine Anhydrous – Also known as trimethylglycine (TMG), is a modified version of the amino acid glycine which is shown to significantly reduce homocysteine levels (key factor in heart disease) although the research suggests 3g, 2g will still be of great benefit. It has also been shown to improve power output with the potential to improve body composition when 2.5g/day is consumed.
Ashwagandha – Nicknamed the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Research suggests that 300-500mg per day can greatly reduce stress and anxiety. It may also modestly enhance strength performance, improve glucose metabolism, and increase testosterone levels.
Caffeine – It increases energy, gym performance, reduces fatigue whilst improving focus. 300mg is a good amount of caffeine, it is on par with most stim containing preworkout which are around 250-300mg, this gives you a nice sustained energy release which is subtle but noticeable without the crash.
L-Norvaline – A derivative of the branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) valine that has been noted in research to be a mixed arginase inhibitor. Arginase is the enzyme that degrades arginine which generates nitric oxide and increases blood flow, in theory this inhibition would allow for greater nitric oxide production, yielding stronger and longer-lasting pumps.
The muscle pumps I experienced from VasoRush is up there with the best I have ever had and they continued workout after workout, not just a one time occurrence. The way the formula is created gives not only insane pumps but longer lasting whilst also improving nutrient delivery for growth and recovery. The energy you feel from the 300mg of caffeine is on the money, its definitely noticeable and give you that kick when you need it but doesn’t make you feel wired or jittery which many don’t like. There is zero crash from VasoRush in my experience just sustained energy and I believe this could partially be down to the additional of ashwaghanda.
VALUE FOR MONEY
Prices vary based on supplier and country however on average you will pay 30 for a 25 serving tub. This puts VasoRush in the slightly more expensive price bracket however I gave it 7/10 since this preworkout contains 20g of ingredients, a number of which many don’t and are also included at optimal doses rather that cutting corners like most too. VasoRush includes the patented KSM66 Ashwaghanda which is not the cheapest ingredients as well as the use of the superior 2:1 ratio of citrulline malate in comparison to standard L-Citrulline warrants for the slightly higher price tag as the cost price is higher than most. The pump, focus and energy without the crash makes this one of the best preworkouts I have ever tried and for me personally i’d happily pay the slightly higher price tag. Its worth it!
Taste & Mixability
You have the choice of 5 flavours here (blueberry lemonade, pineapple lemonade, super sour candy, tropical punch & melonberry) all of which taste amazing these are definitely some of the nicest flavours of preworkout i’ve ever tasted! Super sour candy is my favour as I like the really strong sour flavour it has which is even more intense when mixed with minimal water or just scooped to the mouth! As for mixability, it mixed perfectly with no sediment or settling of ingredients and no gritty texture so no complaints here either! The only reason I did not give VasoRush 10/10 was due to the fact other companies such as Redcon1 Total War which got 10/10 has upwards of 20 flavours which will appeal to a wider market.
- Ingredients & Formulation: The ingredients chosen work synergistically together to maximise performance and muscle pumps. Most of the ingredients are inline or exceed research backed dosage.
- Ashwagandha: This is the first preworkout I’ve tried which includes Ashwagandha and it definitely has a positive effect on mood and energy levels. Patented ingredient gives the highest quality without cutting corners to reduce cost.
- Powerful: This is one of the most powerful pre-workouts on the market. Customers have spoken.
- Proven pre-workout ingredients: 2:1 Citrulline, malate, AKG and beta-alanine for example have a lot of studies supporting their benefits. Norvaline is a great addition to enhance muscle pump intensity and duration.
- Excellent transparency: You won’t find any label trickery with proprietary blends in this supplement.
- Flavours: They taste amazing, strong flavours and no chemical aftertaste, 5 flavours to satisfy your individual taste buds.
- Glycerol: Personally, I would have liked to see a larger dosage but when combined with the other pump ingredients it will still have a positive effect.
- Sucralose: Artificial sweetener which many are against, personally I think it makes no difference and no research indicated negative implications as of yet.
- Price: This is more expensive than your average preworkout with an average cost of £1.20 per scoop. Don’t let this deter you though as you get what you pay for and considering your average preworkout is £1 per scoop, I’d happily pay an extra 20p to ensure the best possible workout!
- Smaller Profile: This has a shorter ingredient profile than most, although that isn’t always a bad thing there are a few ingredients which could enhance this preworkout further i.e. alpha gpc & l-tyrosine for focus or bioperine to enhance absorption just to name a few. But the question is… when would it end?